- Police were called to a reported explosion at 7:20 a.m. ET in a below-ground walkway that connects two subway lines at 42nd Street.
- Responding units found an injured 27-year-old male, identified him as Akayed Ullah. He had burns and wounds to his body.
- Ullah was from Bangladesh & was doing it “in the name of ISIS”
- Preliminary investigation at the scene indicates that this male was wearing an improvised low-tech explosive deviceattached to his body. He intentionally detonated that device.
- There were three other people in the immediate area who also sustained minor injuries.
- Video (unconfirmed):