Remember, It’s Not Racism

Ken AshfordRace, Right Wing Punditry/IdiocyLeave a Comment

Richard Cohen

Today’s GOP is not racist, as Harry Belafonte alleged about the tea party, but it is deeply troubled — about the expansion of government, about immigration, about secularism, about the mainstreaming of what used to be the avant-garde. People with conventional views must repress a gag reflex when considering the mayor-elect of New York — a white man married to a black woman and with two biracial children.

It's the mainstreaming of what used to be the avant-garde, it's the "conventional view", NOT racism.

I think Richard Cohen just disproved his own point.

By the way, 87% of the population approve of interracial marriage.  Hard to see how the remaining, gagging 13% hold the "conventional" view.