* Britney Spears – who used to be famous – is engaged. Uh, to be married. Uh, again. She's 16 years old still.
* Naughty Republicans — the mayor of Grandaven, Mississippi for 14 years — a guy named Greg Davis — re-ran for mayor in 2008 on a family values platform. You know where this is going, right? He's in trouble now for using thousands of dollars of taxpayer money on liquor, expensive dinners at a local restaurant, and a visit to an adult store catering to gay men. The latter revelation forced him to admit that he is gay.
* Naughty Tebaggers – Tea Party Patriots co-founder Mark Meckler was taken into custody Thursday morning after he tried to check in for a Delta flight to Detroit with a locked gun box containing a Glock pistol and 19 cartridges of ammunition, Queens prosecutors said. [CBS News]
* The Florida Family Association can suck it. Seriously. The new show on TLC, called American Muslim, portrays Muslims in America as normal everyday Americans with normal everyday American problems. The Florida Family Association objects to the show… because it portrays Muslims in America as normal everyday Americans with normal everyday American problems. Apparently, you can now protest stuff because it ain't bigotted enough for you. Oh, and screw you Loew's.
* Every once in a while, Congress will do something good — like ban traditional incandescent light bulbs (which are inefficient and hurt the environment). Unfortunately, the good die young.