Dentist/lawyer Orly Taitz is one of those charlatans who has a lawsuit filed against President Obama alleging he's a foreign-born Muslim ferner who is a Muslim not born in the United States of Merica, and a socialist to boot.
She filed papers last Friday which included the alleged "real" Obama birth certificate, showing conclusively that he was born in Kenya. She didn't have the actual Kenyan birth certificate, just this photo.
In her motion, she writes:
The undersigned counsel for Plaintiffs has acquired possession of a color copy of one certain document (attached as Exhibit A to this motion), regarding which there are no ready means of authentication except by recovery of the original document.
The fringe is going nuts over this, including World Net Daily, which has posted some helpful blowups (click to embiggen):
Is it authentic?
Well, in order to believe Taitz and WND, one would have to assume that this document was requested 45 years ago (in 1964), preserved that entire time, withheld through the entire election and transition period, and yet somehow ended up in the hands of someone sympathetic to Orly Taitz.
That stretches credulity.
But why rely on lack of credulity, when mere facts shoot this thing down?
The document states it is from the "Republic of Kenya" and dated February 17, 1964. Neat trick, seeing as how Kenya didn't become a Republic until December 12, 1964.
In fact, during most of 1964, including when this document was created and certified, Kenya was known as the "Dominion of Kenya", not the "Republic of Kenya".
The document states that Obama was born in a hospital in Mombassa, Kenya, in 1961. Problem? In 1961, Mombassa was in ZANZIBAR, not in Kenya.
Others have pointed out some other oddities about the "real" Kenyan birth certificate:
- It’s number 44 O 47 is a bit coincidental with 44th President Obama being age 47.
- The name EF Lavender. Earth Friendly Lavender is a detergent
- The Coast General Hospital is actually called the Coast Provincial General Hospital
- Obama's father (born in 1936) would have been 24 or 25 when he was born and not 26. And his father's birthplace was called the “Central Nyanza District” at the time, not Nyanza Province. The regions were changed to provinces in 1970.
- Would a birth certificate in a country with a large Muslim population actually ask for someone's "Christian" name?
- The "date of registration" is given as August 5, 1961. That's a Saturday, when government offices are typically closed.
- Paper looks kinda nice and non-yellowed for something 45 years old.
And finally, most jpegs and other images (as well as documents, music files) contain "mark-up data", hidden data behind what you see. Reportedly, the photo of the Kenyan birth certificate contains IPTC markup metadata reveals it to be a fake:
NOTICE: This image is a work of parody and political commentary. It is not a genuine government document. Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. A certified copy of his birth record is freely available online. If you thought this was Obama’s real birth certificate, a “smoking gun” proving he’s not a natural-born citizen, then congratulations. You are an idiot. I made this from scratch. It is completely fake, and no document from Kenya or the United Kingdom resembles it.Obama’s president, and will be for the next 3 1/2 to 7 1/2 years. Get used to it.
So, you know, nothing to see here.