- The film Back to the Future 2 is set five and a half years from now. (Where are the hoverboards?)
- The actors in The Breakfast Club are old:
- Judd Nelson – 49
- Molly Ringwald – 41
- Emilio Estevez – 46
- Anthony Michael Hall – 40
- Ally Sheedy – 46
- … and if Paul Gleason, the teacher in charge, was still alive, he’d be 70 years old (he died in 2006)
- Kids who were born in 1992 can legally drive.
- Quantum Leap's first episode aired twenty years ago, and it was set in 1999.
- Ten years ago, we were all worried about Y2K.
- Lena Horne is 91; Ernest Borgnine (who recently appeared on the final episode of ER) is 92.
UPDATE: These and much more like these at http://wannafeelold.tumblr.com/