Summed up as follows: The Bush Administration has “engaged in a systematic effort to manipulate climate change science and mislead policymakers and the public about the dangers of global warming.”
- The White House exerted unusual control over the public statements of federal scientists on climate change issues.
- The Administration’s censorship of climate scientists was widespread – 150 federal climate scientists from eight federal agencies personally experienced at least one incident of political interference during the past five years.
- The White House systematically minimized the significance of climate change by editing government climate change reports.
- The White House edited EPA’s [Environmental Protection Agency] Report on the Environment.
- The White House eliminated the Climate Change Section of EPA’s Air Trends Report.
- The White House was involved in editing EPA’s legal opinions.