After remaining silent for 3 years, Osama bin Laden is going to post an online video to mark the 6th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, according to news reports.
For you kids out there, a little history:
- bin Laden and his organization, al Qaeda, were responsible for the 9/11 attacks
- Saddam Hussein in Iraq wasn’t
- None of the hijackers were from Iraq (in fact, they were mostly from Saudi Arabia, our ally, which incidently may be where bin Laden is actually hiding out)
- We invided Iraq anyway, under the false pretenses of Hussein having WMDs
- To do so, we diverted military personnel and resources away from the hunt for bin Laden
- Saddam didn’t have WMDs
- al Qaeda and al Qaeda-inspired jihadist groups didn’t exist in Iraq prior to our invasion
- They do now
- 3,760 U.S. soldiers have died in Iraq, including the seven killed yesterday
- Bush: "We’re kicking ass".
- Bush also hailed Anbar province in Iraq as a success story, hailing the improved security there.
- Four of the seven U.S. soldiers killed yesterday died in Anbar province attacks.