Benoit College has published its annual "mindset" list — the list that reflects certain truisms about the incoming college freshman class. Everytime I read this list, I feel like an old fogie.
For example, here’s some things to know about the Class 0f 2011 (those born in 1989):
- They never “rolled down” a car window.
- They have grown up with bottled water.
- Rap music has always been mainstream.
- Half of them may have been members of the Baby-sitters Club.
- Being “lame” has to do with being dumb or inarticulate, not disabled.
- Stadiums, rock tours and sporting events have always had corporate names.
- MTV has never featured music videos.
- They never saw Johnny Carson live on television.
- The World Wide Web has been an online tool since they were born.