Google 2001 And The Erotic Me

Ken AshfordWeb RecommendationsLeave a Comment

Want to search Google as it was (and as the Internet was) in January 2001? Now you can. UPDATE:  I searched my name to see if I had any Internet presence way (way?) back then.  I didn’t, really.  Well, sort of.  My name ("Ken Ashford") appears in this NSFW erotic story that somebody wrote.  I first appear in Chapter 6, … Read More

Mostly Male

Ken AshfordWeb RecommendationsLeave a Comment

Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 37% Likelihood of you being MALE is 63% That’s me. It comes from a place on the Internet which reads your browsing history, and determines whether you are a man or a woman.  Thank God I’ve made a few visits to…..

When Good Cakes Go Bad

Ken AshfordWeb Recommendations2 Comments

Cake Wrecks: an entire blog devoted to badly decorated cakes. They tend to be either bad in execution, i.e., spelling errors like "Congraniation Nicole and Mark" … or cakes which really just never should have been made in the first place.

A Mix Tape

Ken AshfordWeb RecommendationsLeave a Comment

A website devoted to mix tapes sent by boyfriends and girlfriends.  It’s a dying phenomenon, since nobody uses cassettes anymore.  Includes streams of the tapes.

Everyman Photo Contest

Ken AshfordWeb RecommendationsLeave a Comment

The annual Everyman Photo Contest is a photo contest exclusively for non-photographers, operating on the assumption that every person has one taken one really excellant photo at one point in their lives.  I may be the sole exception to that rule, which is probably why I’m attracted to the site. Anyway, I finally went to the site of the 2007 … Read More

The Web’s Largest Webpage

Ken AshfordWeb RecommendationsLeave a Comment

The largest webpage is 9 quadrillion pixels wide by 9 quadrillion pixels tall.  If you could see it laid out without scroll buttons, it would be 17 billion times the surface are of the Earth. And if you were to repeatedly click (or hold down) the right arrow on the scroll bar, thus moving the image from the left hand … Read More

JC Penney Catalogue From 1977

Ken AshfordWeb RecommendationsLeave a Comment

You really should read the whole post: Here’s how to get your ass kicked pretty much anywhere: I’ll bet these guys do ok with the ladies. If you look at that picture quickly, it looks like Mr. Bob "No-pants" Saget has his hand in the other guy’s pocket. In this case, he doesn’t, although you can tell just by looking … Read More

LOLCat Bible

Ken AshfordWeb RecommendationsLeave a Comment

If you aren’t familiar with LOLCats or Icanhascheezburger by now: (1)  Where have you been?; and (2)  Don’t bother to read further. it seems that some intrepid timewaster is translating the Bible into LOLcat-eze.  Here’s a sample from Genesis 1: 1. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat was invisible, and he maded the skiez and da earths, but he did not … Read More

Well, DIP-Something, Anyway

Ken AshfordWeb RecommendationsLeave a Comment

The United States State Department, those geniuses who brought you the War in Iraq and Blackwater and all, have suddenly discovered the Internet phenomenon known as the "blog". That’s right, the State Department now has a blog, and given it the totally unmockable name, DIPNOTE. Virtually unreadable with its small-white-on-black text, it has already become a comical failure.  Some actual … Read More