- He’s anti-gay. As governor of Indiana, he signed a “religious freedom” bill into law which basically made it okay to discriminate against gay couples and gay marriages. He backed down once businesses threatened Indiana boycotts.
See Pence Lies Himself Into A Corner, Bigots Get It, The Indiana “Religious Freedom” Law Isn’t Like Past Laws, Indiana Governor Plans To Sign Pro-Discrimination Bill Into Law
- He’s anti-abortion. Pence led the first congressional effort to defund Planned Parenthood — way back in 2011. And as governor of Indiana, Pence signed the most extreme anti-abortion bill in the country, requiring that aborted fetuses be cremated and prohibiting abortions for “fetal anomalies” like Down syndrome
See The Seven States Working Hard To Close Abortion Clinics
- Hoosiers don’t like him. It probably won’t put Indiana into play (it is solidly Trump), but Pense probably would not have been re-elected governor.
- He’s pro-trade. Contrary to Trump, he is pro-NAFTA and pro-TPP.
- He doesn’t “believe” in global warming.
- He doesn’t believe in evolution.
- He built his career on Koch money.
- He was pro-Iraq invasion. Unlike Trump, Pence was for the Iraq invasion (Well, so was Trump, but he denies it now). And Pence was still pro-invasion, even after things went South.
- He was, at least originally, against Trump’s proposed Muslim ban.
Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.
— Governor Mike Pence (@GovPenceIN) December 8, 2015