Over 100 freshman Republicans will join Congress as a result of last night's election.
Here is a snapshot of the GOP Class of 2010’s extremism:
– 50% deny the existence of manmade climate change
– 86% are opposed to any climate change legislation that increased government revenue
– 39% have already declared their intention to end the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of birthright citizenship
– 32% want to reduce legal immigration
– 91% have sworn to never allow an income tax increase on any individual or business – regardless of deficits or war
– 79% have pledged to permanently repeal the estate tax
– 48% are pushing for a balanced budget amendment
This is a little scary.
Unfortunately, these young uns are going to learn pretty fast that there's not much they can actually do, which is kind of what the GOP wants in the first place.