In 1998, then-Arkansas-governor Huckabee wrote a book entitled Kids Who Kill: Confronting Our Culture Of Violence, spawned from a March 24, 1998, school shooting in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
In Kids Who Kill, Huckabee argued that school shootings were the product of a society in decline, a decline marked (and caused) by abortion, pornography, media violence, out-of-wedlock sex, divorce, drug use, and, of course, homosexuality. Huckabee and his coauthor bemoaned the "demoralization of America," observing, "Despite all our prosperity, pomp, and power, the vaunted American experiment in liberty seems to be disintegrating before our very eyes." Huckabee, who was governor at the time and a well-known social conservative, blasted away at those whom he held responsible for America’s ills, and he took a rather tough stand against government social programs and their advocates. In lamenting the "cultural conflicts" besetting the country, he wrote,
Abortion, environmentalism, AIDS, pornography, drug abuse, and homosexual activism have fragmented and polarized our communities.
Excuse me? Environmentalism is besetting the country, leading kids to shoot other kids?
Of course, when you consider that Huckabee himself has a "kid who killed" (his son, as a Boy Scout camp counselor, once hung a stray dog — apparently just to watch it die), one wonders what kind of moral depravity is going on inside the Huckabee home.
FOR FURTHER READING via Perrspectives — the Top 20 Moments of Huckabee Extremism:
- Huckabee Enables the Politically-Motivated Parole of Repeat Rapist/Murderer
- Huckabee Offers Faith-Based Pardons
- Huckabee Undermines the Teaching of Evolution
- Huckabee Speaks for God
- Huckabee Speaks to God
- Huckabee Claims God Behind His Rise in the Polls
- Huckabee Proclaims His Theology Degree a Unique Qualification to Fight Terrorism
- Huckabee Flip-Flops, Calls for Federal Abortion Ban
- Huckabee Calls for Consumption Tax, Abolition of the IRS
- Huckabee Vows to Take Nation Back for Christ
- Huckabee Declares Culture War in 1998 Book
- Huckabee Declares Women Should Graciously Submit to Their Husbands
- Huckabee Predicts Victory over Islam at the End of Times
- Huckabee Boasts About Theology Degree He Doesn’t Have
- Huckabee Destroys His State Computer Records – and Church Sermons
- Huckabee Offers State Appointments in Exchange for Gifts
- Huckabee Uses Wedding Registries to Furnish New Home
- Huckabee Offers Clemency to Repeat DWI Offender (and GOP Donor)
- Huckabee Intervenes to Save Dog-Killing Son from Legal Jeopardy